With Live Dive you can mix the tracks of different patterns of a song. Each track is represented as a clip (rectangle) and each row represents a pattern. If you click on a clip, the track of the assigned pattern will be played or stopped with the next start of the pattern. The clip on the most right side plays or stops all clips of a pattern. This is quite the basic idea like in Ableton Live.
So practically, you can mix for example Tracks 1 and 2 of pattern A with the tracks 3 and 4 of pattern B, and then mix tracks 5 to 8 of pattern C to them. Every combination of tracks and patterns are possible. You can load amd change any existing pattern into one of eight pattern slots at any time. So if playing live, you can create a song by joining your patterns very fast and synchronized with the beat.
It is also possible to record all clip actions and build up a new song in an fast and easy way. Everytime the currently played pattern is going to be changed, this means the user has hit a clip and the clip is flashing, the pattern is cloned and appended to the end of the song. Another option records every played pattern, regardless if there were clip actions or not. Finally you can clone the currently played pattern and append it to the end of the song.
So with Live Dive you can:
- mix the tracks of different patterns of a song while playing
- play all clips of a pattern
- eight pattern slots: load and change the patterns to use
- record all clip actions, record everything or clone currently played pattern
The clips can have the following colors:
- green: clip is currently playing
- yellow flashing: clip plays next pattern
- red flashing: clip stops next pattern
- black: clip ist empty (empty track)
- dark green: clip is inactive
There is also a Launchpad Edition of the tool available (supports all Launchpad models: Classic, S and Mini). With the Novation Launchpad, the mixing is pure fun. Every row of the Launchpad represents one of the eight pattern slots, and the 8 buttons of the row represent one clip (track). The most right button plays all clips of a pattern. If there are more than 8 tracks available you can page to them with the left/right buttons on the top. If more than one Launchpad is connected to the computer, the plugin will detect all Launchpads automatically and combine them. This extends the visible amount of clips of a pattern. Having for example two Launchpads connected leads to 16 visible clips.
All clip actions made on the Launchpad are reflected in the software plugin - and vice versa. To load a new pattern into a pattern slot enter the special pattern load mode when pressing the "mix" button. Here you can assign a new pattern to a slot by pressing only two buttons. Of course you can also enable the record modes or clone the currently playing pattern with assigned buttons on the Launchpad.
You can get it here:
Please have a look at a video showing the tool here:
Live Dive Video
New in version 2.03
- Pattern sequence support: select pattern loop size of 2, 4, 8 or even 16 patterns. Instead of being bound to play and change one single pattern in a loop, you can now mix whole patterns sequences.
Example: if you have a pattern sequence loop size of 4, the song is divided into sequences of 4 patterns. Say you have a song with 20 patterns, it is divided into 5 pattern sequence loops, and you can mix the tracks of each pattern sequence loop.
- new preferences menue: Under Tools->LiveDive Launchpad Edition -> Preferences you can set the desired pattern block size.
- Live Dive song structure check on startup: creates a correct song structure automatically for you. Alternatively a dialog appears which explains how to set up the needed song structure manually.
- Pattern position indicator: a light that indicates the progress of the currently played pattern. So you have a visual feedback of the pattern position; might be useful in live situations for e.g. muting/unmuting tracks at the correct time.
green: < half of the current pattern is played
yellow: < 2/3 of the current pattern is played
red: > 2/3 of the current pattern is played
- pattern load mode: selects a song position instead of a pattern number. Shows the currently selected pattern block in a pattern slot. Each pattern slot has a different color. (Launchpad version only)
New in version 2.04 and 2.05
- fixed some bugs, e.g. live recording did not work properly when having a pattern block loop size of 1.
Download 64 bit
If you have a Renoise 64-bit version, please download in the forum thread.
If you have a Renoise 32-bit version, please download below.
|de.cie-online.LiveDive V1.10||2.8||1038||Mar 3rd, 2013|
|de.cie-online.LiveDive V2.05||3.0||121||Dec 30th, 2014|
Installation: Drop the Tool File (.xrnx) on a Renoise window to install.
Liability exclusion: "You are about to download and install software from a third-party provider. This software was not developed by Renoise and is listed here in a summarised form purely as a convenience for our users. Renoise takes no responsibility for any malfunction, incompatibility, or damage caused by or otherwise arising from the use of the software. In the case of problems with the installation or use of the software, please contact the relevant developer."
Haftungsausschluss: "Sie sind dabei, eine Anwendung (Software) von einem Drittanbieter herunterzuladen oder zu installieren. Diese Software stammt nicht von Renoise und wird hier lediglich als Service für den Benutzer zusammenfassend übersichtlich dargestellt. Renoise haftet nicht für Fehlfunktionen, Beschädigungen, Inkompatibilitäten oder sonstige Schäden, die von dieser Software ausgehen oder sonst verursacht werden. Sollten während der Installation oder Benutzung der Software Probleme auftreten, wenden Sie sich bitte an den jeweiligen Hersteller."