Renoise 3 goes gold
Submitted by taktik on April 10, 2014 - 18:44
Another round of beta testing has passed. Renoise 3 is ready for production.
In case you missed it the first time around, new features in 3 include:
- Supercharged instruments: Per-sample envelopes and DSP effects, Keyzones with overlapping layer options (e.g. round-robin features)
- New real-time performance options: Real-time input quantize and real-time applied harmonic scales
- Instrument Phrases: Attach a whole note-sequence to an instrument and play this sequence in any pitch and tempo with a simple key press
- Instrument automation & macros: Control an unlimited number of independently weighted parameters within an instrument
- New Doofer DSP FX: a wrapper for other devices, enabling you to bundle complex DSP chains within a reusable “shell”
- New Convolver DSP FX: Impulse response processor for simulating the reverberation of a physical or virtual space
- Reorganoised GUI: Simplified tabs + layout, entirely redesigned (and detachable) Instrument Editor
A detailed description of what's new can be found on the Renoise 3.0 launch page.