A Step Sequencer is an intuitive, fast and fun possibility of editing a song. It is especially for live purposes and beat creation an excellent tool.
The "Lauflicht Step Sequencer" is a moving light, multitrack and multitimbral step sequencer. You can either begin to create a new pattern on scratch or even load the notes of a given pattern into the sequencer automatically. It has some additional functions like a keyboard mode for creating melodies or chords, or a controller matrix, to control up to eight automation parameter, note value or pattern command of your choice per step for every track in real time.
- 8, 16 or 32 steps
- unlimited free selectable tracks
- set up for each track a sample, sample bank, a vst instrument or a Midi instrument of your choice
- set up default values for each step: velocity, delay, note values including "note OFF", note length
- chord mode: insert up to 3 notes in one track
- variable note resolution: 3 modes switchable (for example edit 1/2, 1/4 or 1/16 notes)
- quick clear: delete all steps of a track at once
- autoload: new patterns are loaded into the plugin/Launchpad display automatically on pattern change
- all parameters changeable during play
- midi control: All steps of each track and the parameter Editstep and Page can be controlled via midi hardware. Just open MidiMapping in Renoise to assign.
- multisample (samplebank) support
- instant instrument switch: when selecting another instrument for a track, the notes in the pattern of the appropriate track are changed to the new instrument automatically
- keyboard mode: The basic goal of the virtual keyboard is to create melodies and chords in a much more easier way. The keyboards starts with the note 'C' and reflects a complete octave range, up to the note 'B' (aka 'H'). To determine the length of a note you can use the key 'Off'.
1. create a melody: To set a note, simply press on a key on the virtual keyboard, and then on a step in the sequencer. The selected note is shown below the keyboard. To change the octave just press Oct+/Oct-.To create a melody just repeat pressing a key and a step alternating as long as you are finished.
Tip: You can also map every key of the virtual keyboard (including octave up/down buttons) to a key of a hardware midi-keyboard. So you can combine setting a note value on your midi-keyboard and push a step to set the note value.
2. to create chords: just switch to another note number below the keyboard and set the note value for every of up to three notes. If finished, click on a step in a track to set the chord.
- powerful controller matrix: control up to 8 different parameters per track, like Filter-Cutoff, Velocity, Delay, any midi/vsti cc parameter of every single step in real-time. Even the note values (including note length) of the track can be controlled! So it is very easy and a lot of fun to change the notes of a melody while playing the pattern. Playing around with these parameters in the matrix will often give some unexpected and great results, which will boost the variety of your track. Furthermore you can assign every step of the matrix to your favorite midi-controller. With a midi-controller with at least 8 or 16 knobs (like Doepfer Pocket Dial, Korg nanoKontrol2, Behringer BCR2000 or similar) the matrix can be controlled in an excellent way.
- improved performance, e.g. faster loading notes into the step sequencer on pattern change.
- optional version with Launchpad integration available
With the Lauflicht Step Sequencer Launchpad Edition, you have complete control of the whole pattern with your Launchpad(s), regardless of the pattern length and step size you have chosen. You can page through the pattern easily with the left/right and "user2" buttons, change the resolution modes, and scroll through the tracks with the up and down buttons. It just turns your Launchpad a great Hardware Step Sequencer. It also supports multiple Launchpads and has a pattern load and mix mode.
For videos and more information please visit my website.
You can have a look at the tool in this video.
Download 64 bit
If you have a Renoise 64-bit version please download here.
If you have a Renoise 32-bit version please download below.
|de.cie-online.StepSequencer V1.21||2.6||809||Mar 3rd, 2011|
|de.cie-online.StepSequencer V1.52||2.7||929||Sep 26th, 2011|
|de.cie-online.StepSequencer V2.11||2.8||1613||Aug 29th, 2012|
Installation: Drop the Tool File (.xrnx) on a Renoise window to install.
Liability exclusion: "You are about to download and install software from a third-party provider. This software was not developed by Renoise and is listed here in a summarised form purely as a convenience for our users. Renoise takes no responsibility for any malfunction, incompatibility, or damage caused by or otherwise arising from the use of the software. In the case of problems with the installation or use of the software, please contact the relevant developer."
Haftungsausschluss: "Sie sind dabei, eine Anwendung (Software) von einem Drittanbieter herunterzuladen oder zu installieren. Diese Software stammt nicht von Renoise und wird hier lediglich als Service für den Benutzer zusammenfassend übersichtlich dargestellt. Renoise haftet nicht für Fehlfunktionen, Beschädigungen, Inkompatibilitäten oder sonstige Schäden, die von dieser Software ausgehen oder sonst verursacht werden. Sollten während der Installation oder Benutzung der Software Probleme auftreten, wenden Sie sich bitte an den jeweiligen Hersteller."